2/14/2009

Singledom and Vday.

This is why I hate this holiday:
1. If you're single you are either depressed because you have no one. Or you're voming because all the love in the air is making you physically hurl.
I am the latter. Today I went shopping and there were so many freakin' couples holding hands and being all lovey dovey. I just wanted to ring someones neck. Fuck, I couldn't even get a pair of underwear without being assault by a couple practically doing it on the display tables. Okay, okay I get it. You love each other. But seriously, I know it's a cliche, but get a room!
2. If you're taken there is this pressure to make the day perfect, and if it's not your significant other will be disappointed.
Example: My roomie's boyfriend has to work tonight sothey tried to do their vday on Tuesday. They were supposed to go out to dinner where he works and blah blah blah. Well dinner plans fell through and instead of rescheduling he had this great idea to cook dinner together (okay, kinda romantic. But cooking with him is NO fun, I mean I couldn't even fry an egg this morning without him looking over my shoulder!!!) He got her flowers, she got him a LOT more than that. His flowers would've been fine if a. they had gone out to dinner or b. he picked something a bit more romantic to do. All of this left her slightly disappointed, and him hostile towards her. Telling her that she is ungrateful and he went out of his way to get flowers (it's not that hard to pick up a 5 dollar bouquet from the grocery store). Then today they were going to get brunch and he wanted to invite her parents! He couldn't even have one meal with her without inviting someone??? SO yeah, she was sad. But then to add in the mix, he complained to ME about her not being appreciative of him and how she should be satisfyed with the flowers. Okay, don't get my wrong here, the flowers were nice and she does appreciate them. But it's the WAY he went about things, making it seem like it was her fault. Well, I mentioned something to her about it and now it looks as if a fight/break up might ensue. She's currently in the other room crying and I don't know what to do. Because honestly, she deserves better. This guy is wayyyy to immature for her. Shoot I'm younger than him and he's way too immature for me.

3. I have a hard time avoiding wearing pink because all I wear is pink or black. Tonight I'm going with black.
To remedy this, I went out and bought 2 more black dresses. As if I needed anymore.

After this whole thing with the my roomie, I'm actually kind of glad I'm single. I got vday cards from my friends and my parents. A bottle of wine from the people I work for. I'm good. I'm happy. And tonight when we go out, all the guys will be single also because all the taken ones will be with their woman cuddling up on the couch with some cheesy movie (unless you're like me, you would drag your man out to a bar and have some real fun!!). So I won't be hitting on your man ladies. Psh, who needs chocolate and flowers anyways? The chocolate makes you fat and the flowers eventually die.

3 comments:

  1. Celebrate for the single girl inside me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listening to the drama of a friend of mine from yesterday just makes me appreciate that I'm single. I just don't have time to deal with the BS of a man that really doesn't know what he wants.

    ReplyDelete


View my page on Twenty Something Bloggers