2/15/2009

I don't know HOW to date.

College was so much easier to find a boyfriend. Period. End of story. You had parties, mutual friends, classes, clubs, sports, greek life. So many ways to meet so many people. Now, I randomly meet people at bars and instantly forget them. For example, really cute guy Friday night. We talked. I gave him my number. I will never hear from him again. Another random guy asked me out to dinner on Valentines day. I think he called later that night. And there are so many bars in this damn city that I will never see someone more than once.

So my remedy to this: remember when I broke and decided to join one of those stupid dating websites? Well, I've gone out to coffee with a few and talked to a bunch, hooked up with one (Irish is from there). Most have been flops and I feel bad because a couple of them keep badgering me to meet up for drinks or whatever. I keep kindly declining because I don't know what I would tell my roomie. She's already pretty suspicious of the dates I do go on because I keep saying I met them at a store or whatever.

Anyways, other than Irish there was one guy who I was particularly interested in, lets call him Shy Guy, because he really kind of is. It took him a bit to warm up to me, I had to crack a few jokes (not very good ones) and poke fun at him before he realy got comfortable. But I like that in a guy, I find it a lot more attractive than the overly forward. He's also TALL (I lust after tall guys and I'm only 5'2"!), has a good job, is smart, likes the same music (Blink is getting back together...I forsee a good date in that one...). He's kinda the total opposite of Irish, who is very forward. I don't know. I've got two opposite ends of the spectrum so I guess I'll just have to see. So tonight we're going out to dinner to this nice seafood reataurant place. And I'm nervous. I've never been out on a proper date other than all that coffee. I guess it's not toally proper because he's not picking me up, we're meeting there. But still, it's not going out for drinks with a lot of people around. It's just that this is my first real date ever and I'm 21 years old. I don't know what to wear. I don't know what to expect. We've already met once so we're past that first date stage. UGHHHH. I'm going to literally vom. My roomie thinks it would be hilarious if I brought along with me these "Date cards" that have conversation questions on them. It's just the kind of ridiculous thing that I would do, so I will. I don't know if I'll have the guts to actually whip them out. Maybe if the conversation is dying...haha. Why couldn't I have been one of those lucky girls that find their perfect match in college? I mean 60% of the people from my school end up marrying someone else from my school. No such luck for me. I'm actually getting sick of looking. I'm sick of the blind dates. I just want something to finally work out. Or maybe become a nun...do you still have to be a virgin for that?

2 comments:

  1. LMAO! I'm not sure if you have to be a virgin to be a nun, but that was a funny thought!

    I hope your date went well & just because he's not picking you up, doesn't mean it's not a date! Hopefull you don't have to use the date cards either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am *ahem* 28 years old and I've never been on a real official proper date either. I went on real official proper dates with my ex boyfriend but he was kinda already my boyfriend and I made him do it so that doesn't count!

    ReplyDelete


View my page on Twenty Something Bloggers