1/17/2009

spinthebottle, match.com, eharmony, truematch...whats your website of choice?

I have been joking around about joining one of these sites when I turn 25 if I'm still single for a really long time. There's something really intriguing about these websites, meet someone without having to leave your home! I know there are also the extremely sketchy sides to it, stalkers, just plain creepy guys and unsafe situations. On the bright side, you can always just be that weird person that only talks to them online and never leave the safety of your computer screen. But then why would you pay $35 to do something that you could do for free in a chatroom?

My roomie's bf said that guys only join these sites to get laid, but why would they go through filling out a profile? Why don't they just go to a bar and get drunk and hit on some girls there? It seems like that would be a lot easier than trying to convince some girl that honestly just wants to meet a guy to come out and meet you and have dinner or coffee and then convince to bang you. I know that it wouldn't work on my or any of my friends. I guess there has to be a bunch of trashy girls out there that it would work on though. There has to be nice guys on there if they are willing to put in that effort of paying and creating that detailed profile that isn't full of "long walks on the beach and puppies" blah blah. It just seems so time consuming just for one bang.

On that note, I'm not going to lie to you. I join a site. I'm not going to tell you which one because I'm slightly embarassed and I hope no one I know finds out. But I've already had 165 hits on my profile (i'm going to be honest, sometimes I'm pretty good looking- not all the time but I can take the occasional good picture). I ton of people have sent me the pre-talking sign and a handful of guys emailed me and 3 sent me instant messages. 2 are potentials, the other no is just too old I think and I still am kinda in my college mode I just wanna have fun and not take anything seriously. I did talk to this one guy today and he seemed pretty cool, goes to the same bars I go to and he already gave me his phone number. I know there's a reason why people sign up on these sites. But I mean, I did and I'm not a creeper at least I hope so? I just have a hard time meeting guys when I'm not out of my mind drunk and that only time I meet them is at the bar or being set up (that guy from last weekend is interested in me..bleck). I'm sick of those being the only ways. So this seems like a good alternative right? Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View my page on Twenty Something Bloggers