12/18/2011

She's back and on the prowl!

Wow, it's been three years since I've written in the blog! Let me tell you so much has happened in the world of Helovemenot's dating life. Let's start from where I left off for now. You might want to grab some popcorn and a large diet soda. Sit back relax and be prepared to laugh (maybe cry...from laughing so hard).


Let's start with Class 5 clinger: Three years ago dear reader I left you hanging in the midst of a newly developed relationship with Class 5 clinger. Well after dating for only 6 months we decided to move in together. Bought a 50 inch tv, a 50 pound puppy (money mistakes 1 and 2) and called it home. We thought we were in love, we thought we would be together forever. We thought horribly horribly wrong. After moving in together we fought endlessly. Broke up probably about 5 times. Silly fights ensued over ridiculous things. Being young (me) and immature (him) we thought maybe it was because our apartment was too small. We had a big dog, and too much stuff and it was crowding each other. So after living in this apartment for 6 months, we (I) broke the lease (money mistake 3) and got a bigger apartment (money mistake 4). We were happier in the new place, each had our own spaces and the dogs (yes, plural. Money mistake 5) has room to roam. Things were fine and dandy. Until I lost my au pair job, of course one one loses a job, they tend to find one as soon as possible. So I found a temporary one for the summer. Then when that ended I found a temp position in the IT department of a hospital. I was all fine and dandy with life. Then Class 5 lost his job, however, he did not follow my example of finding a job right away and decided that it was up to me to pay for everything while she spend his nights and days staring at a computer screen fighting space ships. Lovely.

One can only put up with this for so long as you can imagine and by the time the second month of non-employment (oh and did I mention that his car died also, so we only had one functioning car), I was beginning to break. I decided one Friday night to go out with my friend on campus (she was in grad school). The plan was for me to go to her place after work since she lived right around the corner from my new job, we would make dinner, get ready and pregame the bars. Around 7, right before we started cooking dinner my friend gets a facebook chat from Class 5 asking if I'm already wasted. If you're thinking WTF right now, you're right. My friend replies nicely, no we're cooking. And he responds...oh that's a surprise, she's always wasted.

I will not lie, I do like to have more than my fair share of drinks and have fun. But really? 1. He was saying this to MY friend, when he knew I was there. 2. It was only 7pm!!! This made me ridiculously pissed. Decided right then and there I was single. Then proceed to eat dinner/drink, go out and make out with any willing guy.

Needless to say that relationship ended very quickly once I made it home the next day. I told him it was over for good (even made it facebook official!) and that he had to move out by the next weekend. The next weekend rolls around...and he leaves!! YAY!!

I walk into my apartment, relieved to have this ordeal done with. Only to find out the bastard stole one of my tvs and a ton of video games (I don't really NEED this things, but taking without asking/paying me is just rude, not to mention I had been paying his rent for the past 2 months). In the end it was a messy break up with fights over how much he owed me (I never did get a dime out of the asshole).

OH the best part was, he told me he was eventually going to win me back and propose. That was a year ago...never heard from him again. Thank god. (Though he did just unblock himself from facebook recently and I can read his ridiculous comments on our mutual friends pages. Which means sadly he is still a functioning human being...darn it!)

And there you have it, the end of Class 5 clinger saga. Let's hope I don't make anymore epic mistakes such at that one. Stay tuned for further dating updates after Class 5 and my more recent adventures!

3 comments:

  1. Jeeezus! What is WRONG with people?! You are better off without that one in your life!

    I am so glad that you are back - here in blogland as well as in Boston :) Do keep writing the blog, though. Would love to hear about your adventures in Boston :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back (although I am new to this blog I have had a sneaky back read).
    Look forward to hearing your antics
    *Tales from the Morning After*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh don't you worry I'll be writing more often again! Boston has given me a whole new slew of crazy stories!

    ReplyDelete


View my page on Twenty Something Bloggers