12/22/2011

The Forbidden Question

Name: The Portuguese
Our story: Another eHarmony adventure, that I originally thought had a lot of potential. We went out on the typical dinner first date and hit it off. I didn't hear from him for awhile so I began to think that maybeeee it wasn't as good as I thought it was. A couple days later I finally get a call from him (woo hoo he CALLED and not text what a winner!) and find out that he had emergency surgery on his appendix. I remember we talked for hours that night about everything. I think that's when I immediately fell for him. I know I know, it's one of my weaknesses...giving away my heart too early. We made plans to get together once he was feeling up to it.

Date number two was an all day trip to Northampton, MA. We spent the day there going into crazy little shops, eating yummy food and just goofing around. He even bought me a pack of pink mustaches and a book of really bad poetry. We were that obnoxious happy couple holding hands and skipping down streets (even though it was only a second date and we were definitely not a couple).

Side note: It kinda sucks writing about this because I really thought we would end up a happy couple. But there's no happily ever after for HeLovesMeNot.

We started hooking up, hanging out everyday, sleeping over each others places. I met his friends, he met mine. All big signs that this was GOING SOMEWHERE. Everything was great until I had to go back to Ohio for a long weekend to wrap somethings up. At this point we had being seeing each other for a little over a month. So I asked the BIG question, "Where is this going?" He said he liked what we had, didn't want it to change but wasn't ready to be in a relationship yet (he had broken up with his gf of 5 years 3 months prior to us meeting). I was fine with that answer and went off to Ohio feeling good about it. But things changed when I got back. I didn't hear from him for a bit, then he asked me out but I couldn't go because of dance. Then I just never heard from him again. All of a sudden he just fell off the face of the earth. God it sucked. It was the closest I had been to a relationship since Class 5 and it was like being stomped on all over again.

We're still FB friends and earlier in the summer he did find someone that he was ready to be in a relationship. Glad to know he's happy but it still kind of stings. But I always have my motto: Always have a back up.

1 comment:

  1. Sucks that this happened...

    About your motto - it reminded me of the episode of HIMYM "On the Hook" :) May be he too had a back up??

    ReplyDelete


View my page on Twenty Something Bloggers