12/29/2011

Nerds, Italians and Greeks

Name: MIT Guy
Our story: Let me start with this- I love nerds and geeky guys. Think Sheldon from Big Bang Theory and Dr. Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds. There is a soft spot in my heart for them and I have no idea why. So I joined POF (BIG mistake ladies- STAY AWAY). I got a message from MIT guy and we proceeded to text and message all the time. Finally, decided to meet and have dinner. We really hit it off until I found out he had a GF. Great. Here we go again. Except this time I stuck to my NYE resolution and and DID NOT hook with him. We decided to be friends since he just moved here too. But of course our conversations start to cross the friend line. He decided he had to chose between me and his GF. I personally couldn't understand why. But finally he broke up with his GF and we hooked. Then a week later the poor boy got confused and thought maybe he had made the wrong decision (she emailed him and told him she wanted the cat back...boys are weird). I was upset and tried to understand why he would go back to a weird relationship (see: he hates her friends, she makes him sing little bunny foo foo to help her sleep and when he went home for labor day, she left for the weekend to go to the beach). I should have just left it there. But then he came back and was like no, I want to try this with you. So we did, made plans for my birthday to go out and have fun etc. But I got this nasty feeling (and with the help of FB stalking) that he wanted his ex back. So finally after he canceled plans on me for the second time, I just was like you know what I'm done. After doing some FB stalking recently (I love FB if you haven't noticed, especially with the new live feed and timeline...makes stalking SO much fun!) I discovered they are back together. I hope he has fun for the rest of his life having a grown child instead of a gf. Jerk.


Name: Italian Stallion
The Story: This guy, oh man, he takes the cake. Such a winner (I sincerely hope you picked up on my sarcasm there). So I meet this guy online and he comes out while I'm having drinks with a girl I went to college with. I'm nervous and start pounding drinks (see: Black out city). Make a complete fool of myself and bring him home. We hook (no banging as I am BO). SOME how this guy likes the craziness and we see each other a lot for about 2 weeks. He's nuts and I fall for every single word. Sometimes I hate being a girl because I really do fall for all the cheesy shit guys will spit out because they know we want to hear it (after this experience though I DON'T believe it anymore). Then my mom comes to visit and we can't see each other that weekend. Fine, you know we gotta do our own thing too. So I'm at a bar/restaurant with my mom and we're having drinks and dessert while we catch up. The bar is filling up and there's a guy behind her trying to order drinks. Well, I instinctively turn to look at him and discover is none other than my Italian Stallion! We have an awkward confrontation (fine), and he tells me he's out with coworkers and his gonna go back and hang with them (ok). Then I watch him leave...not with coworkers though but with another chic. So when I confront him about it he blocks me on FB and never answers me again. I'm kinda convinced that she is his GF because after stalking his pics his "ex gf" looked a lot like this chic he was leaving with. Liar liar pants on fire!!!

Name: Greek Lawyer
Our story: After my bad encounter with Italian Stallion I decided to make one last attempt on POF and I meet this very nice, put together Greek Lawyer. He's cute and nice, smart, has a good job, polite. You know the type that you would bring home to meet the parents. SEE: BORINGGGGG. That is just not my type. But I couldn't help but at least give it a chance...you know something different than the typical asshole I date? We go out on two more dates and the third one he tries to make out with me in the middle of a bar. I just COULD NOT do it. I will make out, but it can't be in the middle of the bar with everyone staring and on like a Wednesday night when no one is drunk. And to top it off it was like kissing a dead fish. My stomach just turned while recalling this incident. I'm sorry, I love making out. I cannot be with a guy that can't kiss. It's just too horrible. We part that night and he tries to set up another date. Instead of my typical ignore until the get the hint move, I'm nice since he's so nice and tell him I'm just not ready to see anyone yet. He tells me to give him a call when I am ready. I never will be ready to date a dead fish!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL @ I never will be ready to date a dead fish!!!

    And a happy new year to you too! May next year be much much better than this one :)

    ReplyDelete


View my page on Twenty Something Bloggers