1/09/2012

SHE'S just not that into you

Okay, I need to put a quick little rant in here instead of a new list of guys because of something that happened this weekend.

Friday night, my friend L and I dressed up and hit the town to have a girls night out. She invited a guy that she had been talking to on OKcupid to meet up with us, which was fine because he brought friends along with him, one girl and one guy and they were a lot of fun. The two of them chatted it up all night and they had fun. I drank a lot (but no BO's!! yay!!! I was in control!!!) and danced around. Made friends with his friends. Made friends with the cute guy from Finland in an doubly nerdy/cute green cardigan. I just like to make friends. I think that for the most part I'm generally a nice person. However, if you're a guy this does NOT mean I am flirting. Just because I'm not interested in you does not mean I'm going to snub you and not talk to you all night, especially if we're in a small group of people. I'm going to be friendly and get to know you as a person.

Well, at the end of the night we were leaving and L's man and his friends were straggling in the bar. I walked out because we had to catch a cab. Apparently, I am really good at getting cabs and within 2 seconds I had one. L was trying to wait and say by to her new man, but the cabbie was getting pissed and about to leave. So we jumped in the cab and went on our way. He was a little upset that they didn't get to say good bye.

But what REALLY bothered me was that he thought I was being a bitch because I ran away so fast. He thought I was trying to ditch his friend who I had been hanging out with all night (along with the girl too, but apparently that isn't an important detail...) He was like why did she flirt with him all night if she wasn't interested. I was NOT flirting. Also, at one point he had at one point told me he was V, and I jokingly told him we would find him some ass that night and L's man said to her that I was being mean because he was just being honest with me. Still, I was just being funny and talking and making conversation and we were drunk. None of this adds up to flirting nor does it mean that I was INTERESTED. God, why can't a girl just be nice to people without it being misconstrued as it being flirting and that I want them in my pants?? SERIOUSLY. I don't WANT to be a bitch. I like making friends. But maybe guys just have egos that are too big to realize that.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View my page on Twenty Something Bloggers