1/27/2012

ROUND TWO

Dear Brahmin in Boston,
Update: never heard back from Hot trainer. :( Maybe I'll drunk text him when I'm out in Fanuiel Hall tomorrow.
-HLMN

So here's round two for you:

Name: Nerdy guy
How it's going: This guy has some real potential. We went out on our first date to this really nice French restaurant in Coolidge Corner. He wined and dined me, total gentleman. We may or may not have hooked up that night. Adorable blue eyes and dimples. I'm completely smitten with him. Downfall: we both work crazy hours. Me with my nutty jobs and he works for an IT start up company which means early mornings and late nights. So we haven't really been on any other dates. It's more like I go over we watch a movie and fall asleep. But right away I told him, I am not a booty call. I refuse to be treated as one and he totally respected that. I even tested it when the first time he called me to just cuddle and watch a movie, we did not mess around at all. We kissed a few times then just went to sleep. Sometimes I don't know if this guy is real or not but I'm keeping him around.

Name: English Major
How it's going: FINALLY someone that I can be totally nerdy with and talk about books. I know I have a huge obsession. But HELLO, I was an English major too and reading has been my obsession since I was little. I mean I taught myself to read. Oh right, you want to hear about the guy. Well, that's how our convo started, books. Then we went out on a date and seriously my face hurt from laughing so much with him. Cute, super funny and we just clicked instantly. We can pick on each other and dish it out. Shoot, I even wore my ducky rain boots on our first date and splashed through puddles when we walked to find a bar and he thought it was hilarious and liked me enough to take me out again. We had a good time again, this time he kissed me. We had plans to hang out last weekend, but I ended up having to cancel because the roads were horrible in the snow and I prefer not to die no matter how much I like a guy. Sadly, I haven't really heard from him since. He sent me a text the other day apologizing for being MIA, just everything is crazy right now. But I personally think that he's just not that interested maybe. Major sad face there because I had a lot of fun with him.

Name: Mafia Man
How it's going: So nothing too exciting here. He lives in the North end, we had drinks, talked, got dinner and coffee and he drove me home because he kept me out past when the T runs. He was nice and sweet. HOT bod. But I just felt like I couldn't be my wild crazy self around him. We went out to dinner again near me, he stayed the night and we've talked since but I'm not actively pursuing him just because I feel like I have to rein myself back and I don't want to be with someone like that. I want someone that will run wild and crazy with me.

AND last but not least (I still am shocked by this one)

Name: HS guy
How it's going: This is a long story. So about a month ago while browsing matches on OKC I run into a guy I went to high school with, who also happens to be my very good friends cousin, who also happens to live in Boston. I freaked, I didn't click on his profile or anything. Called his cousin and was like OMG you will not believe who I just found. I didn't want him to find me which is why I didn't click on his (because you can see who has been checking you out). Well about two weeks ago I get a message from him saying "HEY are you HLMN from high school?" OH HEYYY yep that's me. I'm flipping out because I was SUCH a loser in high school and he was one of the hot popular guys. So here I am like fuck, he's found me what do I do. I casually respond. We make plans to meet up. I'm scared shitless because I've known him since 7th grade, but haven't seen him since we graduated and I'm a completely different person. I'm FUN (and he even concurred). So I go to his place. FUCKING SHOCKED when I run into his roommate whom I also went to high school with. I just chug a couple glasses of wine so I can chill the fuck out. We sit, catch up and talk and he's actually a great guy. We laugh and hit up some bars. I obviously stay the night because I'm toasted. I don't know what to expect from him because he's always been kinda a player (or was). But he texts me two days later saying he had a good time, then I hear from him again and we hang out Tuesday night. This time no roommate around so I'm more relaxed and seriously, we just had a good time. He's a funny guy and I can completely be me around him. The more drinks we have the more we talk about our past hook ups etc. I tell him about living with Class 5 clinger. He tells me about never having a gf, but how now that he has a big boy job (literally) he seems ready. The only thing that worries me about him is that he knows I'm a relationship person and I know he never has been. So my question is, where could this possibly go? I guess I just need to wait and find out.

1 comment:

  1. Damn! I had hopes for the trainer :(

    This round looked good, HLMN. Specially the English Major. I am a bit wary of my HS people soooo... yeah, I might not be the right person to comment on the guy #3 LOL

    ReplyDelete


View my page on Twenty Something Bloggers